Ladies & Gentlemen, we have entered the “9 Day Stretch.” It’s also known as the Thanksgiving Run. It’s the 9 days D.O. is open (yes, including the Monday) leading up to Thanksgiving. And we’re officially in it. So let’s get right down to business!
TIPS ON WHEN TO SHOP
- To beat the crowds, come in on Monday 11/23. People always think we’re closed…we’re not!
- If you are going to shop on Tuesday 11/24 or Wednesday 11/25 (when we open at 8AM), come at 9am in the morning. The line should be gone, and you’ll beat the folks that think we are opening at our usual 9:30.
- After 6PM on Tuesday 11/24 & Wednesday 11/25 are also usually less crowded.
THE DEAL WITH THE PIES
Delicious Orchards guarantees to have the following pies in stock starting the Saturday before Thanksgiving:
Coconut Custard pies are not sold until Wednesday 11/25. What?!! The reason is that since our pies come from a scratch bakery, there are no preservatives in them. Coconut Custard will not make it to Thursday if bought before then. We know it’s inconvenient for some shoppers, but we stand behind the quality of our pies.
SOME STORE FACTS
- We have bakers baking (in shifts!) around the clock 24/7 starting the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
- One oven can bake 150 pies at a time. And we have 4 of those ovens.
- We bake about 50,000 the 5 days leading up to Thanksgiving! That’s a lot of deliciousness.
- We stop making our loaf breads (but will still have dinner rolls) during the 5 days leading up in order to make room in our ovens for all those pies!
- Juice Bar will close Thursday 11/19 in order to add a few more registers to make your check out process as easy as possible!
- Starting Saturday 11/21, we give out free cider and coffee. Make sure to stop by the table to get yours!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your holiday traditions!
THANKSGIVING STORE HOURS
- 11/17-11/20 9:30-6PM
- Saturday 11/21: 9AM-6PM
- Sunday 11/22: 9AM-6PM
- Monday 11/23: 9AM-6PM
- Tuesday 11/24: 8AM-7PM
- Wednesday 11/25: 8AM-7PM
- Thursday 11/26: CLOSED ~HAPPY THANKSGIVING!~