- 1 9” pie crust with top
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced Black Forest ham, cut into 1 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 fuji apple (about 10 ounce), quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, finely shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place 1 strip of ham on a work surface. Arrange a row of slightly overlapping apple slices lengthwise on ham strip; roll up loosely, and place in baked tart shell, spiral side up. Repeat process with remaining ham strips and apple slices to fill tart shell. Sprinkle cheese over top. Whisk together half-and-half, eggs, egg yolk, thyme, and pour custard in and around apple-ham rolls.
- Bake at 375°F until custard is just set, 45 to 50 minutes, loosely tenting with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Transfer quiche to a rack, and let cool 15 minutes. Carefully lift quiche out of pan and cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.