Life is just peachy in August, isn’t it? Well, if you can get over the Jersey humidity, I’d say sunny August days are just that. Especially since the peaches are ripe. Who doesn’t love to bite into a perfectly juicy peach or enjoy some in cobbler form?!
Here’s a recipe I came across a few years ago and have found it tried and true! Enjoy these Cheese cake stuffed peaches! (recipe adapted from BHG magazine!)
- 6 Jersey peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon & sugar mixture (2 TBS of each!)
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Trim a very thin slice from the round side of each peach half so they stand flat on the baking pan and don’t roll around on you. (Using a serrated knife helps make a clean cut!) Dip peach halves in melted butter to coat and place on pan- the pitted center facing upward. Generously sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into peach centers. A nice full teaspoon (like a spoon you use in your tea, not the measuring kind!) size is good.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Serve warm or at room temperature.