- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small, and rinsed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped small, and rinsed
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 tsps garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, drained (or 4 tomatoes, diced)
- 2 tsps Italian dried herbs
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- To make the broccoli cauliflower soup: In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook stirring occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes, Italian herbs, red and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
- Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans and continue to simmer gently until cooked through but still crunchy, approx. 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt top with parmesan.