- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 loaves Cuban bread (ciabatta loaves will also work)
- 1 pound Swiss cheese sliced
- 1 pound smoked ham sliced
- 1 cup dill pickles sliced
- Mustard, as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl whisk the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, oregano, cilantro, and cumin together. Add pork, cover and refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit. Place pork in a shallow baking dish and cover.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145º Fahrenheit. Thinly slice or shred the meat and set aside.
- Slice each loaf of bread in half lengthwise and then cut it into four equal parts.
- Spread mustard on each piece of bread. Begin layering the ingredients by adding half of the cheese to the bottom layer of the sandwich bread. Top with the smoked ham, sliced pork, and pickles. Place the remaining cheese on top.
- To prepare stovetop, melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and set a heavy skillet, such as an iron skillet, on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Once toasted flip the sandwich and repeat. If you have a panini press you can also use it to toast and press the sandwich.