- 1 1/2 lb. eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled, divided
- 1/2 lb. medium-sized pasta
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine eggplant, ½ cup oil, garlic, oregano, and salt in a 9”-x-13” baking dish. Bake until eggplant is extremely tender and golden, stirring every 10 minutes, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make topping: In a medium bowl, combine panko, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 of the crumbled feta.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- When eggplant is cooked, stir in sliced basil, lemon juice, and remaining feta. Season to taste with salt.
- Switch oven to broil. Transfer cooked pasta and remaining crumbled feta to baking dish with eggplant and stir to combine. Top with panko mixture and broil until golden. Top with basil and serve.