- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground lamb
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add first 4 ingredients to pan; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble lamb.
- Stir in rice, cinnamon and allspice; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in chopped tomato, 3 tablespoons parsley, mint, lemon juice, and salt. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.