- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. pure pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Then alternately add flour and pumpkin mixture, beating until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin-pan cups (heaping 1/4 cup each) and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; let cool 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from pan to cool completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. To serve, frost cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and top with cinnamon sugar.