- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk whole or evaporated
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- whipped cream
- marshmallow fluff
- Bake the sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Scrub the sweet potatoes until clean, prick them 4 to 5 times with a fork. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 – 50 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender when pricked with a toothpick. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until they can easily be handled. Peel the skin from the sweet potatoes and place the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Reduce the oven heat to 350º F.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- Make the Pie Filling. Add butter to the sweet potatoes and mash until smooth. Add the sugar(s) to the sweet potatoes and mix until well combined. Add the vanilla extract, milk, and the eggs. Mix until well combined. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- 1/2 cup butter,1 cup granulated sugar,2 teaspoons vanilla extract,2 large eggs,1/2 cup milk,1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Bake the Pie. Bake the pie until the center of the pie is set, about 1 hour. Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve the pie warm or allow to cool before slicing. Top with whipped cream or marshmallow topping. Brown marshmallow for 15 minutes at 350°.