- 4 cups green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 (4 oz.) package of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-12 minutes. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, milk, cheddar, 1/2 cup of the French-fried onions, soy sauce and pepper.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining onions.
Place in oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.