- 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked in boiling salted water
- 1 stick (8 TBS) butter
- 2 TBS garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasonings
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Chopped chives/green onions for garnish
Boil fettuccine in salted water until al dente, then drain. This can be done while you are making your cajun cream sauce.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add shallot, garlic, cajun seasonings, stirring for about one minute.
Add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute, stirring once or twice.
Slowly stir in the heavy cream, then the half and half. Allow both to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust heat to low and allow to thicken for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, add cream cheese and grate in the parmesan, mixing thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add cooked fettuccine and toss to coat. Garnish with thinly sliced green onion/chives.