This filling can be made in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Delicious Orchards Dessert Shells or Slices of Delicious Orchards Gold Cake
- 6 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed (optional)
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and the vanilla extract until combined. When ready to serve, divide the cream among the six dessert shells. Arrange the strawberry slices and blueberries on the top of each tart and serve. Do not fill tarts before serving, as the tarts will become soggy from the fruit.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 TBS flour
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 3 yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- dash of salt
- Delicious Orchards dessert shells or slices of Delicious Orchards Gold Cake
In a bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add water and mix to combine. Beat three yolks slightly and add to water mixture. Cook until thick, about 10 minutes, and add 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, two tablespoons melted butter and the grated lemon peel. Let cool completely. This filling can be refrigerated in an airtight container overnight. When ready to serve, spoon onto dessert shells or Gold Cake. and top with whipped cream.