- 1-16 oz. bag miniature Farfalle pasta
- 3 cups roasted corn
- 3 green onions-sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro – chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño – finely chopped
- 10 strips Applewood smoked bacon- cooked and chopped
- 2 cups Cotija cheese (or queso fresco or feta) – crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup of canned black beans
- 1 cup red bell pepper- chopped small
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
First, cook the pasta following the package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water. Make sure the pasta is completely dry.
Next, you can either use pre-roasted canned corn or roast it yourself. If using the pre-roasted canned corn, just drain each can and allow to dry.
If roasting the corn yourself, use regular canned corn and heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until very hot. Drain the corn and place in a single layer in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes stirring once in between until browned. Avoid stirring too often as this will keep the corn from getting a good roast.
In a large bowl combine the completely dry and cooled pasta, cooled corn, green onions, cilantro, jalapeño, bacon, cheese, red peppers and black beans. Toss together. In a small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together until completely combined. Mix dressing into pasta mixture and enjoy!