- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBS rice vinegar
- 4 tsps packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS vegetable oil divided
- 1 lb flank steak sliced in strips against the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion, chopped (optional)
Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Add steak to skillet and cook through then remove steak to a platter. In the same pan, add remaining vegetable oil and sauté green and red bell peppers until softened. Return beef to the pan with the peppers and add the sauce. Cook stirring often until sauce is thickened and serve with white rice. Top with green onion, if desired.