- 1/2 cup raw pecans (halved or in pieces)
- 5 oz. arugula
- 2 oz. (about 1/2 cup) goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1 large ripe Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp or Gala apple, thinly sliced
- Arils from one pomegranate
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
To toast the pecans, place them in a skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring often, until golden on the edges, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. If you used whole pecans, roughly chop them. Set aside.
Arrange the arugula across a large serving platter. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and crumbled goat or feta cheese over the arugula. Fan out the apple and pear slices, arranging them across the salad in sections. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils evenly across the salad.
When you are ready to serve, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk until blended. Taste and, if necessary, add additional vinegar. Drizzle the dressing lightly over the salad and serve.