- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large leek ( white part only), sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and saute the potatoes and onion until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the leek and mushrooms and cook 2 or 3 more minutes. Add half the chopped chervil and marjoram.
Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and butter.
Sprinkle some of the remaining chervil and marjoram on top of each serving and serve hot.