- 1 lb. pizza dough, spread out with a floured rolling pin
- 8 oz. sliced prosciutto, cut in half widthwise
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano cheese (such as pecorino or reggiano)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Divide the pizza dough into 16 even pieces, about 2 tablespoons each. Roll each piece into balls; then, wrap each piece of prosciutto around one dough ball, making sure the excess is at the base of the ball and putting that side down on the baking sheet. It’s ok if some dough is exposed. Repeat until all the dough balls are used. Brush each ball with olive oil, then garnish with freshly ground black pepper and 1 to 2 teaspoons of grated cheese. Bake until the prosciutto is golden and crisp and any exposed dough is golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.