- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 to 3 dashes hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 5-to-6-ounce chicken cutlets
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 4 slices pepper Cheddar cheese
- 4 Kaiser or onion rolls, split and toasted
- 12 pcs cooked bacon
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, for topping
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Combine 1/4 cup buttermilk, the hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat; let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the ranch sauce: Mince the garlic on a cutting board. Combine the garlic, mayonnaise, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk, and the chives in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken to the grill, letting the excess marinade drip off. Grill until marked on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip the chicken, top each piece with a slice of cheese and continue grilling until just cooked through 2 to 4 more minutes.
Spread each roll with some of the ranch sauce and fill with the chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato.