- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 TBS fresh garlic, minced
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or a dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring often, until celery and onion soften, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt, stirring well to combine.
Add vegetable broth, tomatoes with juices, black beans, and kidney beans. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat, 0 cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.