- 3 1/2 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 pita breads
- Italian parsley for garnish
Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms; discard stems and chop caps.
Preheat broiler. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes more, stirring often.
Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato, chopped parsley and cheese. Spoon into bowl.
Meanwhile, split each pita bread horizontally in half. Stack halves; cut stack into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges in single layer on baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat 1 to 3 minutes or until wedges are toasted.
Arrange toasted pita bread triangles and warm dip in basket. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 2 1/4 cups