- 3-4 Heirloom tomatoes (or any type you prefer)
- 2 large cans of tuna in water, drained well
- 2 TBS cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBS basil, chopped
- 2 TBS parsley, chopped
- 2 TBS chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced fine
- 1/2 cup marinated (or plain) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 to 3 TBS capers, rinsed
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
Cut the top of the tomatoes and remove and discard the inside pulp. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using a fork, break up the tuna.
Add in the cilantro, basil, parsley, chives, red pepper, shallots, artichokes and capers. Set aside.
To make the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Combine the tuna mixture with the dressing.
Spoon the mixture into the hollowed tomatoes. Each tomato holds about a half cup of tuna salad. Serve and enjoy.