- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf crusty Delicious Orchards Rustic bread, sliced
- 1 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked white beans, well drained
- 3 very ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup julienned basil leaves
- 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Use 1/3 cup oil to brush both sides of each slice of bread. Place the bread on a broiler tray and grill for about 2 minutes per side or until each side is golden. (Alternatively, use an outdoor grill.)
Combine shrimp, beans, tomatoes, and basil in a nonreactive bowl. Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, garlic sugar, salt, and pepper, and pour over shrimp. Cover and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Line a serving platter with the grilled bread. Pour shrimp salad over the top and serve immediately.