- 1/2 lb. D’Artagnan Venison Pork & Cherry Sausage with casing removed, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (if the mixture feels too wet, add more)
- Optional – crumbled bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Remove stems and clean mushroom caps. Set aside.
Remove venison sausage from casing and cook over medium heat. Crumble as it cooks until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese, shredded Fontina cheese, Panko crumbs and chives, stirring until well combined.
Spoon filling into mushroom caps. Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve while hot.