- 1 lb. log of plain soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, dried, stems removed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
In a small bowl, mash the goat cheese with a fork to soften and season with salt, pepper, thyme and honey. Mix well and set aside.
Take 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture and fill the half cut strawberry. Repeat until no filling is left.
Sprinkle the pistachios on top of the goat cheese, pressing down gently to be sure they stay in place.
Drizzle lightly with agave syrup and serve.