Mango Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups diced mango (about 2 large or 3 medium mangoes)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (½ English cucumber or 2 Persian or)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about ½ medium onion)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about ½ pepper)
- 2 tablespoons seeded and fine diced jalapeno (1 large jalapeno or 2 serrano)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (or Napa cabbage)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (leaves and light green stems)
- 1 can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained (one 14 oz can), or 1½-2 cups cooked beans
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
Mango Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional – skip for mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Using a vegetable chopper, dice mango, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper and jalapeno. Using a knife, slice the tomatoes in half, slice the cabbage thinly and finely chop cilantro. Add to a large bowl, along with cooked black beans.
- Add lime juice and seasoning ingredients to a small bowl. Pour the olive oil while whisking so it emulsifies and creates a rich dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!