- 4 small new potatoes (red or white, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then in 1-inch pieces
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool. When cool, cut the potatoes in half. Place a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter., garlic, thyme, and rosemary and heat until the butter melts, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, season the cut surfaces of the zucchini and potatoes with salt and pepper. Carefully place the zucchini and potatoes cut side down in the melted butter. Cook until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the browned zucchini and potatoes on the baking sheet cut side up. Sprinkle the tops with the Parmesan. Broil until the cheese is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.