For the marinade:
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS lime zest
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
For the Cherry Pico:
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 TBS oil
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cups Muirhead Apricot Jalapeño Jelly
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Combine garlic, chili powder, oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Combine cherries, shallots, jalapeño, cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, lemon juice and Apricot Jalapeño Jelly in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade. Grill over direct heat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with pico and lime wedges.