- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 lbs.
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus additional to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Remove the leaves and core from the cauliflower. Place the florets in a large bowl, chopping longer stems into small pieces. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and toss.
Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt together until creamy and emulsified.
Add the chickpeas, herbs, onions, peppers, and dressing to the cauliflower. Toss until florets are evenly coated. Taste and adjust to your liking.