- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (add more or less to your liking)
- 1 lb. green beans (if available, french green beans)
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Add beans, bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain, add salt to taste and set aside. In a large skillet on medium to high heat, saute garlic in extra virgin olive oil until just golden. Reduce heat to low, add green beans and toss to coat. Cut 2-3 plum tomatoes into large pieces, add to the beans and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until beans are to desired tenderness.