- 1 cup insant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 TBS coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, room temperature
- 5 TBS nonfat milk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup freshly grated carrots (about 1 medium), peeled
- 3/4 cup fuji apple, shredded
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg whites and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and milk. Add the flour mixture, stirring until just incorporated. Gently fold in the carrots.
Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet and flatten to the desired thickness width with a spatula.