- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tsp. garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 2 packets of fajita seasoning
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Optional Garnishes: reduced fat cheese, scallions, avocadoes
Place chicken breasts in water, bring to a boil allowing to cook through. Drain, using a fork shred the chicken and set aside.
In a saucepan, add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, two fajita seasoning packets and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add shredded chicken, beans and cooked rice, simmering an additional 10-15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking. Serve warm.
Note: For a more fajita flavored soup, add 1 tsp. ancho chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin and 1 fresh chopped jalapeño.