- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 12 ounces of marinated artichoke hearts strained from water/marinade
- 1 15 ounce can of cooked chickpeas strained, rinsed, and dried (about 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt add more or less depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- First, prep the salad ingredients. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, thinly slice the red onion, and cut the basil into long thin strips. Stain the artichoke hearts from the liquid they are sitting in and set aside. Lastly, strain and rinse the canned chickpeas and then pat them dry before adding to the salad.
- Next, make the vinaigrette. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried parsley, oregano, salt, and garlic to a bowl and whisk together.
- To finish, put everything together. Add the chopped tomatoes, red onion, basil, marinated artichoke hearts, chickpeas, and vinaigrette to a bowl. Then mix together until all the veggies are coated.
- Serve immediately or chill for 1-2 hours for an even better flavor. Enjoy!