- 12 oz. cooked shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup finely diced apple
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3–1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp. fresh herbs, like tarragon, dill, or parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, pecans, celery and cranberries.
- Add 1/3 cup mayo along with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper (and herbs, if using). Stir to combine, adding a few more tablespoons of mayo, if desired, depending on how well-dressed you prefer your chicken salad.
- Taste and add additional salt or seasonings, to taste.
- Store chicken mixture in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.