- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked mashed butternut squash or mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for cooking the patties
- Heat up a medium-size skillet to medium-high heat on the stovetop with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the diced red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes then add in the garlic for the last minute.
- Toss in the kale and cook for 1 minute. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, butternut squash, quinoa, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, pepper, and the kale mixture to a mixing bowl and toss well to fully combine. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and form into 8-10 round patties that are about 3/4 0f an inch thick and place onto a plate.
- Heat up a medium-size skillet with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and cook the patties in batches of 4 for 4-5 minutes per side until super crispy. Lay on a paper towel-lined dish or plate. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with plain yogurt, squeeze of lime or lemon, and some freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.