- 3-4 lb Short Ribs (Ask butcher to cut Flanken or Korean Style 1/2 in is best)
- ¾ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Mirin’s sweet sake
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Minced Garlic
- ½ large grated Sweet Onion
- 1 bunch scallions – sliced thin
- Mix all marinade ingredients in large bowl. Taste to adjust to your liking.
- Pour marinade over Ribs in large container. Let marinade for at least 1-2 hours up to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat grill on high. Place Ribs directly on grill. Cook 3-4 minutes per side for medium. Adjust time for desired degree of doneness. Enjoy!