- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (or more to your liking) Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 24 oz. NY Strip Steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 TBS canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
In a large bowl, combine Cajun seasoning. Add the cubes of steak and toss to coat. In a separate bowl, combine butter and garlic and set aside.
Heat 2 tsp. of oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Sear the steak (if necessary, in batches) for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown. Add extra oil as needed. Remove from heat and add garlic butter to the steak and toss to coat.