- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro fresh
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, fresh
- 1 small shallot peeled
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, shallot, garlic, and jalapeño.
- Add the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and pulse until well combined and finely chopped.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and cover with a ¼ cup of the chimichurri. Turn to coat the chicken completely. Marinate for 20 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge to warm up slightly while heating the grill to medium high. Cook the chicken about 5-6 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
- Serve with extra chimichurri on the side.