- 1/2 lb. (2 1/2 cups) Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb (2 1/2 cups) baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (leave out completely or substitute with pecans)
- 4 TBS olive oil, you may need more
- 1 tsp. sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Lightly grease or line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, tossing to coat well.
Spread the vegetables evenly in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, arranging the brussels sprouts cut side down.
Roast in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes (stirring half-way through) or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Leave them in longer if you like them lightly charred.
Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish.