- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 16 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium turnip, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, cook until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add cannellini beans, potatoes and turnips.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and turnips are tender. Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.