- 6 large Fuji Apple (5 to stuff, 1 to peel and chop)
- 9 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 orange, zest and juice of
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cranberries fresh or frozen (thaw)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Use a paring knife or spoon to hollow out apples, leaving about a 1/2-inch thick wall and base. Set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cranberries, honey, cardamom, dates, orange juice, and zest. Cook until the cranberries begin to collapse and the liquid thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in almonds and chopped apples.
Spoon cranberry mixture into apples and put into a small baking dish filled with 1/4-inch water and cover with foil. Bake until tender and golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Once golden brown and tender, sprinkle brown sugar on top of the baked apples and serve warm.