- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, chopped (plus whole sprigs for garnish)
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp horseradish drained
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sear all over, until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and clean skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in rosemary and remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a large square, about 1/8″-thick. Cut each into squares (2″x 3″). Place one piece of meat onto each square and dollop with about a teaspoon of mustard. Top the meat with about a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture. Fold pastry edges over the meat and pinch to seal. Place on baking sheets and brush with egg wash. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden-brown. Garnish with rosemary sprigs before serving.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well mixed.