- 1 lb. Orzo pasta
- 3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3/4 ricotta salata or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with 3 TBS of extra-virgin olive oil, toss, spread out and set aside to cool.
Once the pasta is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine.
Serve and enjoy!